Discovering the Ancient World
Experience each civilization through their—
- Art and how it is made.
- Music and instruments of each civilization
- Architecture– the Ark, Çatal Hüyük, Ziggurats, Pyramids, the city of Mahenjo-Daro, Solomon’s Temple, Palace of Knossos, Bridge over the Euphrates, Palace at Nineveh – and so much more!
- Drama & Sports
- Literature (all excerpts included)
Creation and Flood Stories, Ra and Sekhmet, The Yellow Emperor, Manu and the Fish, Egyptian poetry, The Story of Sinuhe, The Iliad and the Odyssey, the Code of Hammurabi, Greek Myths, Chinese folktales, legends and hymns….just to name a few.
- Compositions including all nine units of IEW TWSS*
The Institute for Excellence in Writing (IEW) equips teachers and teaching parents with methods and materials which will aid them in training their students to become confident and competent communicators and thinkers. Using the four language arts—listening, speaking, reading, and writing—IEW methods have been proven to be effective for students of all ages and levels of ability, including those who are gifted, have special needs, or are English language learners.
*Purchase the IEW TWSS (Teaching Writing Structure and Style) program (available from TRISMS) and students/parents complete the program by practicing the
units with the literature and composition assignments given in TRISMS.
Essays, Short Stories, Poetry, Critique, Research Papers, and More!
- Science: archaeology, silk making, printing, paper making, petroleum, cotton, irrigation, embalming, surveying, hydraulics
- Religion: the beliefs and practices of the Ancient people
- Economics of trade and taxes
Eastern and Western civilizations are studied chronologically and geographically in context.
Discovering the Ancient World package includes:
Teacher’s Manual and Answer Keys
Student Assignment Book
Student Pack/Test Packet – Hard copy or Download
Maps & Map Keys – Download